Scalp Micropigmentation Training
Scalp micropigmentation has become one of the world’s most popular hair loss treatments for men and women. At Micropigmentation Academy, we offer expert scalp micropigmentation training delivered by the most experienced practitioners who are dedicated to helping you take your first steps in this growing and lucrative industry.
Scalp micropigmentation offers guaranteed results for all types of hair loss. To help you capitalize on this demand, we not only teach you the skills to deliver this innovative, non-invasive hair loss treatment, but we also provide expert support to help you market and run your new business.
What is Scalp Micropigmentation?
Scalp micropigmentation, also known as SMP, is the medical grade application of pigment into the epidermis layer of the scalp. Rather than implanting real hair, scalp micropigmentation uses microneedles to ‘tattoo’ pigment into the scalp to create the illusion of a ‘buzz cut’ hairstyle on a bald head. This treatment is an effective way to cover bald spots, conceal scars from hair transplantation, restore receding hairlines, and make thinning hair seem thicker.
Hair loss can have a significant impact on people’s lives. Rather than hiding under a hat or being permanently self-conscious about their hair, people who choose scalp micropigmentation benefit from guaranteed results without the need for uncomfortable and impractical wigs, expensive transplants, laser treatments, or tablets and topical treatments.
Due to the similarities, some people confuse scalp micropigmentation with a regular head tattoo. However, scalp micropigmentation is a completely different procedure that uses much smaller needles and requires a unique skill set to simulate the look of natural hair.
Why is our Scalp Micropigmentation Training so Effective?
At the Micropigmentation Academy, we offer some of the most advanced online and in-class scalp micropigmentation training classes in the United States. Our courses are a proven balance of theoretical and hands-on learning, giving students all the skills they need to set up their own scalp micropigmentation studio or incorporate the treatment into an existing practice.
No previous training or knowledge is required and every course is delivered with a low student to instructor ratio to provide the highest possible standard of training.
Our SMP training courses include:
- A combination of online learning and face-to-face classes
- Live treatment demonstrations by our experienced SMP artists
- Sessions spent practicing your techniques on live models with support and guidance from our trainers
- Lessons on the importance of facial structure, skin types, skin conditions and scalp preparation
- Your own state-of-the-art micropigmentation machine and all the equipment you need such as pigments and needles
- Scalp design and shaping techniques including scalp patterning and how to select the right pigment for your client
- Pre- and post-procedure advice
- Health, safety, and sterilization
- Tips on how to take good photos for client preparation and your portfolio
- Understanding different types and scales of male and female hair loss
- Lessons on needle brands, types, preparation, and groupings, and how they can be used to deliver different SMP treatments
- Tips on pricing and where and how to market your business effectively
- Ongoing support from your trainer
How Much Does Scalp Micropigmentation Training Cost?
Micropigmentation training with Micropigmentation Academy can cost anywhere from $2,150.00 to $5,000.00 for our basic and advanced training courses.
How Much can you Earn?
The potential returns you can generate by offering scalp micropigmentation as a stand-alone treatment, or by adding it your clinic’s existing treatment list, are very attractive. The price you can charge depends on the type of treatment that’s required. Artists who have attended the Micropigmentation Academy micropigmentation school charge an average of $1,000 – $1,200 for a transplant scar cover-up. That goes all the way up to around $3,500 for an individual who has very little hair and requires a more extensive treatment. The majority of customers with male pattern baldness who need work on the hairline, top, and side of their scalps typically spend $1,600 – $3,000.
Treatments usually take around 3 – 4 hours for the first session and 2 – 3 hours for the second session. If you perform just 2 treatments a week at an average treatment cost of $2,000, you could earn $4,000 dollars a week and over $200,000 a year.
Do you have any questions about our scalp micropigmentation training? Or perhaps you’d like to know more about the Micropigmentation Academy micropigmentation school? Please contact us today and our team will be happy to help you.